So after 2 failed designs we once again we went away and reworked all the sizing / stress / specification details and ensured that it was going to be 3rd time lucky. So taking inspiration and everything learned in what had been a 4 month process we managed to get a design that looked great and worked exactly as we wanted.
So having had the flaw’s in design 1 identified by the technical team at the factory it was onto design 2 for the POD , this time a radical octagonal design was on the cards but again technical issues in the poles design and functionality forced us back again to rethink how we could actually bring this product to life !
Following on from the initial scribbles sent to the designer the first professional drawings of a round designed POD were created and the search for a factory began. It was also at this stage that we started to register the POD branding / Logo and designs in the UK & Europe.